What do you want to know?!
Our mission is to help local farms thrive, link farmers to markets and supporters, and build healthy communities through connections to local food. We work to accomplish our mission by:
- Providing marketing support and training to area farmers
- Connecting area chef and foodservice buyers with the farmers who suit their needs
- Spearheading a Local Food Campaign, which includes our Local Food Guide, local food bumper stickers (have one on your car?), Get Local campaign, and more
- Certifying local products grown/raised in the Southern Appalachians as Appalachian Grown
- Running our Growing Minds Farm to School Program, which focuses on reconnecting children with where their food comes from
- Organizing Asheville City Market and coordinating the Mountain Tailgate Market Association
- and with your support!
We hope you keep coming back to FromHere.org to share your experiences with local food and continue contributing to the work that we love doing! Post your local food and farm events to our online calendar. Find the farming equipment, seeds, and more that you’re after on our classifieds. Search our Local Food Guide. Get in the conversation!
Visit our main site, asapconnections.org, to learn more about our work or meet and contact ASAP staff (we’re a pretty cool bunch, if we do say so ourselves).
What’d we miss? Feel free to ask questions in the contact form below.