- ASAP’s Local Food Fest
- April 27, 2013 2:00 pm
- April 27, 2013 6:00 pm
- ASAP's Local Food Fest
Wall Street, Asheville
Mark your calendars now for our very first Local Food Fest: April 27, from 2 until 6 pm, on Wall Street in downtown Asheville! We’re closing down the street to celebrate the release of the 2013 print Local Food Guide (it’ll be hot off the press) and the start of the region’s harvest season. The event is free and open to the public.
What can you expect?
- Live music from the Galen Kipar Project (2:30-4:30)
- A kid’s strawberry salsa cooking demo and activity area through our Growing Minds Farm to School Program, including face painting and story time once an hour with Malaprop’s, Spellbound, and Buncombe County Library
- A farmers market featuring farmers who sell to the Wall Street restaurants (many of their farm-fresh items will be cooked up that very day and night), including Sunburst Trout Farms, Rise Up Rooted Farm, Looking Glass Creamery, Farm & Sparrow, Imladris Farm, and Hickory Nut Gap Farm.
- Raffles for awesome local food prizes.
- Steven Tengelsen will demonstrate the making of end grain counter top chopping blocks.
- And more!
Appalachian Grown Wall Street eateries Early Girl Eatery, The Market Place, MG Road, Cucina 24, and Laughing Seed Cafe are also a part of the event. During their regular hours on April 27, they’ll whip up delicious local specials, and a percentage of their day’s sales will benefit ASAP! Stay tuned to fromhere.org for more details as the event approaches.