Our Business of Farming Conference is just around the corner on February 22! Spend a day learning new tools to grow your farm business, networking with other participants, and picking up helpful community resources.
Read more to find out reasons why you don’t want to miss this conference!
- There are 15 different workshops to choose from, on topics ranging from land access, to marketing strategies, to GAP certification, to farm business planning, to managing labor on your farm.
- You have the opportunity to meet restaurant owners, chefs, distributors, and grocers at the local buyers meetings—and to share with them your farm and products. Stay tuned for our post next week to learn more about our Grower-Buyer Meeting.
- Even if you’ve attended before, this year’s conference offers you the chance to experience new and advanced workshop sessions including, accounting, building community capital, and website management.
- You can get your questions about business planning, social media, graphic design, and more answered in our consulting sessions with local experts.
- Enjoy locally sourced meals featuring ingredients from more than 20 different regional farms and bakeries, including vegetarian and gluten free options.
- Warren Wilson College students will show off their farm and garden, and their beautiful campus, during lunchtime tours (pictured above).
- The conference exhibitor hall will be full of helpful resources and contacts for your farm or to help get you started farming.
- It’s the perfect place for valuable networking opportunities with other local farms and businesses.
- And last, but certainly not least, because YOU have great stories and a wealth of expertise to share with other attendees!