Here is a recipe for Apple Stack Cake courtesy of Creasman Farms!
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soft butter (you can use unsalted, if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Flour 4 to 5 nine inch pie pans
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix butter and brown sugar together until creamy, add eggs and molasses and blend until combined
- Alternate adding flour and buttermilk to the wet ingredients until combined
- Divide the batter between pans and spread out with spoon
- Bake 15 to 20 min. Let them cool about 10 mins. And then take out of pans to finish cooling.
- Filling: "I use homemade applesauce but my grandmother would use dried apples reconstituted and some people use applebutter."
- Once the cakes are cooled, place a cake on a plate put layer of filling, place the next cake, then filling until you have built a stack.
- The cake needs to sit for a while so all the filling can soak in.